We’re always looking for people with the right skills. To fit in at Casepak you really need to live up to our “recycling excellence” promise. We look for people who:
- Are passionate about recycling
- Understand waste management
- Believe in real customer service
- Are cheerful, helpful, bright and resourceful
Of course, you don’t need to be a recycling guru or waste management expert for every role, but we do ask that you have the right attitude from the outset.
As vacancies occur, we’ll post them below. Please check back regularly for updated job vacancy listings. And don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @CasepakLtd as we’ll also use this to let you know.
LGV 1 and LGV 2 Drivers
As one of the Midlands’ leading paper recycling facilities, we at Casepak Leicester, require drivers with the ability to operate roll on roll off vehicles. Therefore, to help continue our growth in this sector, we are seeking LGV 1 & 2 drivers with some or no previous roll on roll off experience to train with our experienced team on a variety of vehicles equipped with roll on roll off hook operation. Casepak operates a modern Scania fleet of 26 tonne & 32 tonne rigid vehicles, & 44 tonne drawbar vehicles engaged on container bin collections of waste paper from customer sites.
Before fully supported training can begin, candidates will only need to possess the following:
- Class 1 or 2 LGV License with minimum 1 years’ experience
- Driver CPC & Driver Qualification Cards
- Good organisational skills & attention to detail
- Good time keeping and attendance
- Ability to work within a busy team
Once fully trained the successful candidates duties will include:
- Delivery and collection of roll on/roll off containers
- Removal / replacement of compactor containers from company machines at customer sites
- Safe sheeting and securing of all travelling loads
- Delivery of an excellent frontline service
- Accurate completion of paperwork at site for each delivery / collection.
Hours of Work:
Between 04:00 and 06:30 – Guaranteed 45 hours per week
Monday-Friday with alternate weeks half day Saturday
Rates of Pay:
- 26 tonne & 32 tonne rigid driver = £ hourly rate of £10.23 while training & £11.03 after successful completion of 3 month probation
- 44 tonne drawbar driver = £ hourly rate of £10.33 while training & £11.33 after successful completion of 3 month probation
- Paid weekly each Thursday
- Pension scheme and 3 x annual earnings death in service benefit
Casepak also operates a Driver Development Programme to train LGV2 Drivers employed by the company up to LGV1 Licence.
Call us on 01162 2867772 or on email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can apply via the Talentvine website.
Business Development Executive
This role is to grow volume from Commercial and Industrial sectors focusing on Printers, Box Makers and Retailers to enhance existing branch network and core business activities.
The role will also be to support in the growth within the Local Authority sector and to assist in the development and implementation of a medium term marketing strategy in support of brand and market share growth.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To identify and source potential commercial opportunities and long-term business partnerships in line with company objectives
- To support Commercial in ensuring tenders, offers and other contract submissions are delivered accurately, to a high quality and on time, in line with company objectives
- Determine and prioritise future business growth opportunities
- Maintain and manage relationships effectively amongst the supplier base, existing, new and prospective
- Managing price negotiations and service level agreements with new and existing suppliers to drive improved profitability enduring best value.
- Gather and analyse market intelligence as appropriate
- Keep company Board of Directors updated on market developments
- To ensure that new business gained is managed in accordance with agreed margin/profitability criteria
- To ensure company standards and values are adhered to
- To grow volumes to maximise production capacity
- Understanding the complexities of the recycling industry with regards to both paper and plastics recycling markets and operations
- Be educated to a good standard at A Level or above
- Competent in Microsoft Office Packages
- Excellent organisation and administrative capabilities
- Excellent negotiation skills to influence and drive change across Procurement
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of UK and European waste and recycling legislation
- Ability to develop and deliver presentation to a wide raging audience
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills
- Commercially astute and ability to show a sound understanding of financial matters in a business context
- Be determined and focused with a drive for results
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge and experience of marketing tools
- Excellent team player
- Ability to handle pressure
- Be consistent in accordance with the Company’s values, policies and procedures and have an understanding of and commitment to the principles of equal opportunities
- Willingness to Undertake Further Development and Training as Required
- Ability to Work as Part of a Team
- Out of hours working as necessary
- Prepared to undertake travelling in the execution of duties
- Understand the need to keep business related information confidential
- Reports to Business Development Director and Joint Managing Director
TRAINING DEVELOPMENT PLAN:
Development opportunities will be given during the course of employment in line with both the role requirements and the Individual’s aspirations.
If you meet the requirements above or require any further details, then please contact:
Georgina Cullen, Business Development Director email@example.com
MRF Multi-Skilled Operative – Day and Night Shifts
Two positions available at Casepak MRF:
Night Shift – Sunday to Wednesday nights, 18:45pm – 05:45am
Day Shift – 4 on 4 off shift pattern, 05:45am – 18:15pm
The Multi-Skilled Operative will report to the MRF Operations Management Team and will play a key part in the day to day operation of recyclable material processing.
The role will involve the following:
- Using a variety of mobile plant – including fork lifts, clamp trucks and shovel loaders
- Loading and offloading vehicles with recyclable materials
- Controlling the quality of incoming material
- Operating fixed plant to a high standard ensuring daily maintenance and cleaning is undertaken
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping on site.
The successful Multi-Skilled Operative will have the following skills and experience:
- Mandatory mobile plant experience
- Effective team working and co-ordination skills
- Good attention to detail and focus on quality
- Ability to work with a high regard for health, safety and environmental requirements
- Previous work experience in the recycling industry is desired but not essential.
If you meet the requirements above or require any further details, then please contact either:
Jacob Smith, Assistant Operations Manager
Lee Bradbury, Operations Manager
Elizabeth Mott, Compliance Manager
Alternatively, you can apply via the Flex Recruitment website
Workshop Based Forklift Mechanic
Casepak is a leading recycling company based in the Midlands and is looking to recruit a workshop based forklift mechanic to join our maintenance department based at our depot in Enderby, Leicester.
In order to qualify for this role you must have the following:
- Be able to work to the highest safety standards
- Previous experience (or similar) within a busy workshop/maintenance environment
- Experience working within the forklift industry, preferably as a MHE Technician/Mechanic
- Have excellent electrical/mechanical fault finding skills
- Have basic cutting, welding, grinding skills
- Hold a full UK driving license
- IT literate
- Be confident when offering technical expertise
- Have a “Can do” attitude with the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Flexibility, motivation, the highest standards of workmanship and an ability to work in a team or on their own initiative are essential personal characteristics
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Workshop tools, equipment and the security of an area.
- Ensuring the mobile plant fleet is properly maintained to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Achieving high fleet availability.
- Repairs to a range of mainly diesel powered materials handling equipment
Hours of work are weekdays 07:00-16:00 and 09:00-18:00, Saturday 07:00-11:00 on a rotating shift.
Mobile Plant Operator
- Alternate shift pattern 05:00-14:00 + 12:00-22:00
- Rate of pay £9 p/h following successful probation period and training
- Paid weekly each Thursday
This role is central to the production team and the day-to-day tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Using a variety of mobile plant – including fork lifts, clamp trucks, skid steer loaders and shovel loaders.
- Loading and offloading vehicles in a timely manner – including containers, flat bed lorries and curtain sided vehicles.
- Processing and sorting dry, source segregated recyclable materials using mobile plant and feeding production baling equipment in line with specific training.
- Ensuring mobile plant is clean and in good working order – documenting condition and reporting defects.
- Controlling the quality of incoming material on a day-to-day basis and providing feedback to Team Leaders; completion of relevant documentation accordingly.
- Maintaining high standard of housekeeping on site on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- Previous experience in using mobile plant mandatory.
- Previous experience in operating counterbalance with attachments or plant used to load/unload is desired, but not essential as training will be provided.
- Previous work experience in the recycling industry desired but not essential.
- Able to think creatively, act on own judgement with minimal supervision and work as part of a team.
- Integrity and initiative.
- Good attention to detail and focus on quality.
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Results driven; focused on achieving required objectives and targets.
- Self-motivated, with a desire for continual improvement.
- Flexible and adaptable in order to achieve the aims of the business.
All applications should be sent F.A.O. Dave Cullen – DaveCullen@casepak.co.uk